Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All the Way Granola

So, I was wearing Jeremiah and talking with a lady about how I was now giving cloth diapers a shot, and a complete stranger pipes in with "Oh, so you are like all the way granola then?"  I had a little chuckle to myself and thought NO.  I am not that mom, the one that does everything all natural.  Or AM I?

The facts:

1.  I wear my baby.  I love snuggling with my baby in a wrap...but wait...I LOVE my stroller too.

2.  I breastfeed.  But wait....I pump so daddy can feed bottles too.  AND I give my baby a pacifier.

3.  I use cloth diapers.  At first I thought I was being frugal, but have decided there is no cost savings - therefore I cloth diaper out of a need to save the planet.  But wait...I slap on a Pampers for nighttime because who am I kidding, I don't do middle of the night changes unless it is poop.

4.  I make hummus.  AND I freshly cut veggies on occassion.  But wait....we also eat (GASP!) McDonald's sometimes...and not just because of the convenience, sometimes I want some hot fresh fries that can only come from there.

5.  I homeschool.  Some of the time.  Or did.  Does part time count?  I love being a part of teaching my children, but wait....I LOVE the alone time I have when they are being taught by others as well.

SO there you have it...all the way granola?  If so, this granola has a lot of nuts and berries mixed in for sure!  

1 comment:

I love reading what you think of my posts, so type away! Please keep your comments clean - explicit wording will cause your comment to be deleted.